Type With Pride Contest
Design your own banners, posters, videos and signs to celebrate diversity & creativity. Your creation must include one or several characters of the original Gilbert typeface, the tribute font to Gilbert Baker's Rainbow Flag.
Winners will get international exposure & cool prizes: visibility on Times Square giant video screens and during New-York's Pride Week in June 2017, along with Adobe Creative Cloud & Adobe Stock subscriptions, plus Fontself Bundle licenses.
Final submission deadline: June 1, 2017, 11:59am (midnight) U.S. Pacific Time
Winners will be announced on this website on June 7, 2017.
How it works
Creatives can apply to 3 categories:
1. Print (Posters, banners, flyers)
2. Motion (GIF, video, animation)
3. Freeform (Lettering, graffiti, knitting, etc.)
All you need to do to apply is to create an original artwork based on the Gilbert typeface, share it on Instagram or Behance, and tag your entry with the hashtag #TypeWithPride
Anyone can enter the Type With Pride contest by submitting an original piece of artwork that must meet the following criteria:
- Entry must feature the Gilbert typeface (at least one character is required)
- Entry could feature the rainbow flag (but this is not required)
- Entry could feature hand-made, digitally created content, or both types of content
- Entry could feature photos, drawings or backgrounds (but this is not required)
- Entry could be of any size, format or duration
All submissions must not contain other third party materials protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
A panel of judges will select the winners. Jury members include:
- Alexis Taïeb (aka TYRSA), Graphic Designer & Lettering Artist
- Robyn Makinson (Gilbert font designer), Graphic Designer at Ogilvy & Mather NY
- Plus representatives of Fontself, NewFest and NYC Pride.
There are 9 prizes available. 3 winners will be picked per category and 1 grand prize winner will be picked per category:
- The 3 grand prize winning entries will be showcased on Times Square screens and across New York during Pride Month, throughout June, 2017.
- Grand prize winners will also get a 1-year Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, a 1-year Adobe Stock subscription, plus a Fontself Bundle license for both Illustrator and Photoshop.
- The 6 other prize winners will each get a 1-year Adobe Stock subscription and a Fontself Bundle license for both Illustrator and Photoshop.
PRIZE WINNERS MUST SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK SOURCES BY JUNE 5th, 2017 (or at least high resolution images or videos to be reformatted for public exhibition). See the official contest rules for more details on how to enter, eligibility requirements, prize description and limitations. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Fontself SAS, 14 bis rue des Minimes, 75004 Paris France.
Winning entries will be released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Learn more about this license and usage rights at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter contest between May 15, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) U.S. Pacific Time (PT) and June 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India (excluding Tamil Nadu), Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and the United Kingdom, who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence as of date of entry. No maximum limit entries per person. There are 3 Grand Prizes available to be won (ARV: US $1'006 each). There are 6 Prizes available to be won (ARV: US $407 each). ARV of all Prizes US $5'460. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. All portions of the prize(s) are non-assignable and non-transferable.
Contest sponsor: Fontself
Promotional partners: Adobe, Ogilvy & Mather, NewFest, NYC Pride
Photo: Geoff Levy